The following menu/recipes will make you the star of the evening - and no one but you need ever know that you didn't spend all day slaving in the kitchen. Menu first served February 24th, 2007.
Starters - Variety of Cheeses and Antipasto
Salad - Mandarin Spinach Salad with Almonds
Entree - Lemon-Thyme Pecorino-Romano Crusted Salmon
Side Dishes - Olive Oil Braised Potatoes and
Dessert - Chocolate Cupcakes with Fresh Fruit
- Mayonnaise, 3/4 cup
- Olive Oil, 2 cups
- Red Wine Vinegar, 1/2 cup
- White Wine, 1/2 cup
- Columbo Bread Crumbs, 3/4 cup
- Baking Soda, 2 teaspoons
- Cocoa Powder, 1/3 cup
- Fructose, 1 cup
- Cake Flour, 2 cups sifted
- Vanilla Extract, 1 1/2 teaspoons
- Almonds, sliced 3/4 cup
- Dried Thyme, 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground Black Pepper
- Warm Water, 1 cup
- Earth Balance Spread, 5 Tablespoons
- Pecorino Romano Cheese, Grated, 1/4 cup
- Wild Salmon Fillet, 1 1/2 pounds
- Lemons, 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel & 4 Tablespoons
- Fresh Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, 2 Tablespoons, finely chopped
- Fresh Thyme Leaves, 1 1/2 teaspoons, finely chopped
- Green Onions, a bunch thinly sliced
- Small Brown Button Mushrooms, 1 1/2 pounds
- Garlic, 4 cloves & 1 Tablespoon minced
- Medium Russet Potatoes, 2 skin-on cut into 1/2 inch slices
- Variety of Fresh Fruit, about 6 ounces
Recipes are listed in order of preparation. NOTE: Olive Oil Braised Potatoes need to rest 15-20 minutes, and if you have a single oven should be prepared ahead of the Lemon-Thyme Pecorino-Romano Crusted Salmon.
Mandarin Spinach Salad with Almonds
Adapted from Capital Celebrations: A Collection of Recipes by the Junior League of Washington
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar with herbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fructose
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 large bunch fresh spinach
- 2 cans (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Prepare the dressing. Note that the dressing can be prepared two weeks ahead and refrigerated.
- Whisk first four ingredients in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Slowly add olive oil while whisking until emulsified. Do not use a blender as the parsley will be too small.
Rinse and dry spinach, remove stems, and gently tear into a salad bowl.
Add mandarin oranges, green onions, and almonds.
Post a Comment