|Image courtesy of Flo's Full Wagon|
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa
- 1/2 c Powdered Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- 4 c Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- In a sauce pan, combine sugar, cocoa, powdered milk, and salt.
- Add 1 cup milk and beat until smooth.
- When smooth add remaining milk and stir well.
- Cover and heat to simmering, or 185 degrees F; do not boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla.
- Serve immediately.
- 1/2 c Butter-flavored Crisco
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Evaporated or Fresh Milk
- 1 c Whole-wheat pastry flour, sifted
- 1/2 c Wheat germ
- 1/2 c Powdered milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp double-acting baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly brush baking sheet with oil and set aside.
- Mix Crisco, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk.
- Sift in remaining ingredients.
- Stir only enough to mix.
- Drop from teaspoon onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake in oven no longer than 8 minutes.