Pepper Steak (2 servings)Ingredients
- 4 Tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 teaspoons Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 4 teaspoons Himalaya Salt, freshly ground
- 2 Garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 8 ounce Filet Mignon or NY Strip Steak, no more than an inch thick
- Combine all ingredients except the steaks in a 1-gallon Ziplock bag. Zip the bag shut and shake to combine marinade.
- When ingredients are well integrated, add steaks. Zip the bag shut and shake until steaks are well coated.
- Place Ziplock bag with steaks into the refrigerator. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Position oven rack so that steaks will be two inches from broiler element. Preheat Broiler on high.
- Remove steaks from the refrigerator and place on broiler pan. Brush top of steaks with excess marinade.
- Put steaks in preheated oven on top rack.
- Broil steaks for approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare. When done, remove from the oven and let rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Slice and serve over potatoes. Top with Pinor Noir Mushroom Sauce (recipe below).
Pinot Noir Mushroom Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 small Shallot, minced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh Thyme
- 1/4 cup Pinor Noir
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Earth Balance
- Sauté shallot until limp, approximately 1 minute.
- Add mushroom and thyme and sauté until mushrooms just begin to get soft, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add wine and broth and simmer on high heat until liquid reduces by half, at least 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
Credits: All images taken by Eden Hensley Silverstein for Recipes for the Good Life.