Ingredients (makes enough for 4)
|Photo taken with my Canon AE-1. Published in the June 2001 edition of the National Culinary Review.|
- 1 Tablespoon sweet rice
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon diced thai chili pepper
- 1 small clove of garlic chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, minced
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/8 cup chopped green onions
- 5 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- Iceberg lettuce leaves for serving
- Toast sweet rice in a skillet on medium heat until light brown.
- Let rice cool.
- Process rice in blender until a fine mixture is formed.
- Heat oil in wok.
- Add garlic and chili pepper.
- When you can smell the garlic and pepper, add the chicken and onion.
- When the onion is about 80% done, add the rest of ingredients.
- Serve larb with lettuce leaves.
Most of the recipes I personally cook were taught to me by Chef Ped while working with him on handouts for students attending his cooking classes. Another book that I refer to when trying new dishes is as follows: Quick and Easy Thai Cuisine: Lemon Grass Cookbook
Post a Comment