Our recipe was adapted from Chef Elissa Rubin-Mahon's Porcini Cracker Bread recipe and Marinated Roasted Pepper Salad, Peperonato, and Red Pepper Coulis recipes from The Art and Craft of the Cold Kitchen: Garde Manager, 3rd Edition.
Roasted Bell Pepper with Porcini Cracker Bread
- 1 pkg fresh whole wheat lavosh (six 9" x 12" sheets)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup porcini powder
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 4 oz red bell peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 oz shallots, minced
- 4 fl oz olive oil
- 12 fl oz dry white wine
- 6 fl oz chicken demi-glace
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 fl oz olive oil
- 5 oz onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 oz garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb yellow bell peppers, cut into julienne
- 1 lb orange bell peppers, cut into julienne
- Sea salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 fl oz olive oil
- 1/8 bunch thyme, leaves only
- 1 lb zucchini, thinly sliced rounds
- 1/4 c pine nuts, roasted
- 1/4 lb Fiore Sardo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, convection setting if available.
- Lightly brush the entire top surface of a lavosh sheet with olive oil.
- Dust surface with porcini powder.
- Cut lavosh into 1-inch squares.
- Place lavosh squares in oven on wire rack.
- Bake for 5 to 6 minutes or until the lavosh is just crisp and beginning to show color.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle sea salt to taste.
- Prepare Roasted Red Pepper Coulis:
- Saute the peppers and shallots in the olive oil until they are tender.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add the chicken demi-glace.
- Place the mixture in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until tender and translucent with no color, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes, saute until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the peppers and continue to cook, stirring from time to time, until the peppers are soft and tender, 5 to 6 minutes more.
- Taste and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat until flavorful, stirring as necessary to avoid browning the mixture, about 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool, cover, and refrigerate up to 5 days.
- Combine olive oil with thyme.
- Brush zucchini with olive oil and thyme.
- Broil zucchini until tender and very hot.
- For assembly:
- On top of Porcini Cracker, arrange 1 slice zucchini.
- Drizzle with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis.
- Add 4 to 6 slices of sauteed bell peppers.
- Add a couple of roasted pine nuts.
- With carrot peeler, shave Fiore Sardo and top each bite.
Post a Comment