With two exceptions, I make my toast the same way my mom did. I switch Earth Balance for butter and Pecorino Romano Grated Cheese for Kraft 100% Grated Parmesan. The key to this recipe is the double toast. You have to watch carefully as you're broiling or you'll burn the toast. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Ingredients (for one slice)
- 1 slice Sourdough Bread
- 1 teaspoon Earth Balance
- Dash Garlic Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Pecorino Romano Grated Cheese
Credits: All images taken by Eden Hensley Silverstein for Recipes for the Good Life.
- Place your oven rack at the topmost position in your oven. Set oven to Broil on High.
- Place your slices on top of a baking sheet. Lightly brown them.
- When slices are lightly brown, flip and brown the other sides.
- When slices are golden brown, remove the baking sheet.
- Spread the Earth Balance on each slice, sprinkle a dash of Garlic Salt on each slice, and top with a Tablespoon of Pecorino Romano.
- Replace the baking sheet in the oven and broil until cheese is just melted.
Post a Comment